Stripe is available as a credit card processor on UGAL since March 2015. See the related blog post.
The first step to configure Stripe with your e-commerce website is to open a Stripe account : head to www.stripe.com and click the "Sign Up" button. Your stripe account will be created in a few steps and Stripe will confirm your account via email.
The second step is to configure your online store to use Stripe for credit card transactions.
Go to your store payment configuration page (at https://yoursite.ugal.com/a/shop/settings/payment - replace "yoursite" with the name of your website) and check the "Activate credit card payments" box:
- Choose "Stripe" for the platform.
- Copy and paste your secret and publishable Stripe API keys from your Stripe account (available from your Stripe dashboar, go to "Account Settings" and then "API keys).
- Choose to require or not your customers to enter their billing adress on the payment form.
- Enter the label that should appear on your customer credit card statements for the orders they place on your website.
- Click the "Update payments method".
Your customers are now able to purchase with a credit card from your website.
The final step is to configure your Stripe account to send refund data to your website.
From the Stripe dashboard go to the "Webhooks" tab and click the "Add endpoint" button. Enter "http://yoursite.ugal.com/x/notify/stripe" for the URL (replace yoursite with the name of your website) and choose "Live" as the mode. You can send all events to your website, only refunds will be processed.
Your stripe account and your website are now linked :
- Your customers can pay by credit card on your website using Stripe for the payment processor.
- You can use Stripe to pay for admin orders that you create from your UGAL dashboard.
- Stripe tells your website when you issue a refund for an order