Your UGAL online shop integrates easily with PayPal to offer your shoppers a safe checkout method with a provider that they know and trust.
How it works
- Customers shop on your website and fill-in their shopping cart.
- After clicking the 'Checkout with PayPal' button, they are redirected to the PayPal website where they complete the checkout process. They can use their credit card or their existing PayPal account to pay for their purchase.
- You receive an email alerting you of the new order.
- You retrieve the order information from your PayPal account or from your UGAL website.
A simple setup
It takes 2 easy steps to setup your website to use PayPal for its checkout.
1. Setup and configure your PayPal Business Account
UGAL interfaces with PayPal using the 'Website Payment Standard' merchant service. You need to have an PayPal Business account to be able to use the service.
If you do not have a PayPal account:
- Go to www.paypal.com.
- Follow the instructions to Sign Up for a Business Account
- Add a bank account to become a Verified member.
If you have a PayPal Personal or Premier account:
- Go to www.paypal.com.
- Follow the instructions to Upgrade your Account to a Business Account.
- If you haven't already, add a bank account to become a Verified member.
From your PayPal account page, click on the 'edit profile' link and update the following parameters (they are the 2nd and the last item in the screenshot at right):
- Sales Taxes: setup the Sales Taxes rates that apply to your online store.
- Language Encoding: click on the 'More Options' button and select 'UTF-8' for the encoding to use with your website. Select 'Yes' when asked if payment data should use the same encoding. This allows Instant Payment Notifications (IPNs) sent by PayPal to be properly understood by your website.
You can keep the others settings to their default values for your website to properly function with PayPal. It is however important that you review them and set them to values appropriate for your business.
Notes regarding some of the other Paypal settings:
- Shipping Calculations: shipping charges are calculated on your website and automatically sent to Paypal, you will not need to enter any information there.
- Instant Payment Notification Preferences: your UGAL wbesite requests them automatically, so there is no need to edit the default setting.
2. Setup your website to use PayPal
- Login to your website
- From the Store Administration page, click the 'Settings' link
- Click the 'Payments' link
- Select the 'Payment with Paypal' payment option
- Enter the email address for your Paypal Business account.
That's it, your are done! Your shopping cart not shows the 'Checkout with Paypal' button:
Contact us at email@example.com for any questions.