UGAL for Web Designers
Are you a web designer in search of a simple, straightforward Content Management System for your small business clients?
UGAL is made for you!
UGAL is a web hosted CMS that has been designed from the ground up to be easy to use by a non technical audience. Because UGAL is available as a web hosted, pay as you go solution (SaaS - Software as a Service), the usual technical burdens of getting a website up and running are gone. Users of the platform get instant access to inline editing tools for publishing a wide array of pages on their website: standard web pages, news, portfolios, calendar of events, product catalogs, and even e-commerce. That's the CMS part.
The design of the websites created with UGAL is 100% CSS based. UGAL allows to upload custom CSS designs for individual websites: it is the perfect solution for web designers who want to offer to their clients original web designs supported by an easy to use Content Management System.
How To Start - The CSS Design Kit
The CSS Design Kit is available as a free download. Maintained by UGAL, it contains a static HTML version of a website created with the Content Management System and a set of CSS files used for the decoration of the HTML output. By customizing the CSS files and uploading your work on your client's website, the design of the website can be dramatically changed without loosing any of the functionalities of UGAL.
Download UGAL's CSS Design Kit
Here is how to start:
- Download the CSS Design Kit. Unzip it.
- Customize the design of the static website that comes with the kit by modifying the CSS files.
- Upload the CSS files on your customer's website.
- That's it: the website uses your design and your customer has access to the entire feature set of the content management system.
We want to hear from you!
We are in the process of building a community of web designers around the UGAL platform and we would like you to be part of it. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Version 2.2 - April 2008 - Current Version
- Added modules introductions in the HTML output and related CSS rules.
- Added clearer Divs () in the HTML output.
- The content length for the static HTML site is now more realistic.
- Reorganized the CSS files to be more readable (1 line per selector).
Version 2.1 - August 2007
- Included E-commerce pages, and a new CSS file: shop.css.
- "Subscribe", "Post Comment" and "Read More" icons added to the news details page
- No more "Powered by UGAL" logo. Just text from now on.
Version 2.0 - May 2007
- Reported one year of HTML markup changes...
- Too many changes to list here.
Version 1.0 - April 2006
- Initial release, made available shortly after UGAL's launch.