Promo codes management interface
May 9, 2011
Last week, we briefly wrote about how promo codes work on UGAL. We just released today the interface that allows to manage them and are jumping on the occasion to get more in the details of promo codes.
Manage your promo codes
From the store tab of your website, click the "Promo Codes" link on the top right hand side of the page. It will bring you to a page that lists your promo codes (shown in the screenshot above). The list can be filtered by code and/or status (Valid, Invalid).
Clicking an individual promo code, or the "Create new code" link brings you to the promo code edit page:
From there you can edit the properties for the promo code:
- Code: the code that your visitors have to type in to benefit from the discount.
- Description: the message that is displayed on the shopping cart page once the code has been entered.
- Validity dates: date range during which the promo code is valid.
- Minimum amount: enter the amount above which the promo code can apply. Orders below that amount will not be eligible for the discount.
- Maximum usage: enter the maximum number of time a promo code can be used, over its lifetime. This is a new functionality of the promo codes.
- Discount types: 3 types of discounts are available. Fixed amount discount, percentage of the order amount or Free shipping.
Enabling and disabling promo codes
We added a setting to your store configuration page to enable or disable promo codes on your website. Your shopping cart page will show the field to enter a promo code only if you have enabled them for your store:
To enable or disable promo codes, go to the Store tab, click the Setting link and then the Promo Codes link towards the bottom of the page:
That's pretty much it!
We believe that this setup covers most of the use cases for promo codes. We are however open to any suggestions you might have that could make promo codes more useful for you. As usual, email your feedback and ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.